Thursday, April 10, 2008

Hymn of Thanksgiving

Across the frozen chain of centuries,
I sense the warmth of your breath divine,
Hear the blood flowing. Now you are near.
A part has cleared from the mist of time.

I see your Cross, your Cross for my sake.
My spirit in dust before the Cross:
Now is the triumph of love and salvation,
Here praise unto the ages does not cease: Alleluia.

Blessed is he who will eat of the supper in your kingdom, But already on this earth You have made me a partaker of this blessing. How many times have you in your divine right hand stretched out to me your body and your blood, and I, so full of sin, accepted the sacrament And experienced your love, ineffable, beyond nature.

Glory to you for the incomprehensible, Life-giving glory of grace.
Glory to you who raised up your Church as a quiet harbor for a tormented world.
Glory to you for renewing us with the life-giving waters of baptism…
Glory to you for the cup of life, for the bread of eternal joy, Glory to you who has lead us out to heaven.

Akathist of Thanksgiving

No comments: